Taste and enjoy cognac in the region that gave fine brandy its name
The name Hennessy is synonymous with Cognac. Spend the day visiting Hennessy to learn and savor all that is cognac.
Price: $235 ($455 with 2nd Class Rail, $520 with 1st Class Rail).
Also available: The Ultimate Cognac Tour – Visit Hennessy, Martell, and Remy-Martin.
Hennessy Cognac Tour Itinerary
- Take the early train from Paris to Cognac.
- Transfer by taxi (included) to the house of Hennessy where you will be welcomed by a Hennessy ambassador at the Quais Hennessy.
- Transfer to the vineyards and discovery of the Domaine de La Bataille.
- A visit of the iconic Le Peu Distillery.
- Lunch (included)
- Back to the Quais Hennessy. A boat tour on the Charente river before visiting the Hennessy aging warehouses.
- A visit of the Chai du Fondateur, the house’s oldest eaux-de-vie reserve.
- Back to the Hennessy Boutique for a presentation of Hennessy cognacs.
Duration with lunch: 3-5 hours
About Hennessy Cognac
Richard Hennessy, an Irishman serving in Louis XV’s army, founded the famed house in 1765. From the beginning, Mr. Hennessy strove to make the world’s best Cognac. In 1817, at the behest of King George IV, Hennessy created its storied V.S.O.P (very superior old pale) designation which has been the industry standard benchmark ever since. Over the centuries, Hennessy has created many exceptional cognac lines including V.S., Paradis, Paradis Imperial and X.O.