A three-day/two-night trip from Paris to Provence
Price: $675 per person – Three star hotel, $800 per person – Four star hotel
Three Days In Provence: Visit Avignon, the “Pope’s Palace”, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, the Pont du Gard and much more during your well-paced three days in Provence.
Three Days in Provence Itinerary
Day 1: Avignon
Meet your driver at the Avignon rail station upon your arrival from Paris. From there you’ll be transferred to your hotel in Avignon.
Afternoon at leisure and a visit to the “Pope’s Palace” (tickets included).
Next, visit the Pont d’Avignon (audio-guide included).
Dinner on your own and overnight at hotel.
Day 2: “Provence in a Day”
Pick up at your hotel. Enjoy a semi-private (8 people maximum) full-day tour to discover the most beautiful monuments and sites of Provence.
- Roussillon, officially a Most Beautiful Village in France, famous for its red and yellow ochre cliffs and unusual natural landscape.
- Gordes, a perched village in Luberon, also a Most Beautiful Village, completely built with dry stones.
- Visit of the Fontaine de Vaucluse, source of the river Sorgue.
- Stop at the Roman ruins of Saint Rémy de Provence (Triumphal Arch and Funerary Monument), set among olive trees; this landscape was painted several times by Van Gogh.
- Visit the Pont du Gard, the best-preserved part of a Roman aqueduct, as classified by UNESCO. Truly a breathtaking monument to Roman history.
- Les Baux de Provence, afternoon visit to this village set 245 meters high upon a rock.
Dinner on your own and overnight.
Day 3: Châteauneuf-du-Pape
Pick up at your hotel. Enjoy a semi-private half-day tour to the vineyards.
Choose from one of two options: 9 a.m. hotel pick and transfer to Châteauneuf-du-Pape, tour, wine tasting and a visit of the Roman theater at Orange. Drop-off at the Avignon TGV station at 1:00 pm. Transfer to Paris via TGV rail.
Free morning in Avignon. Hotel pickup at 2:30 for tour and wine tasting in the hilltop village of Gigondas. Continue to Châteauneuf-du-Pape for a tour and tasting. Drop-off at the Avignon TGV station in the early evening. Transfer to Paris via TGV rail.
The Three Days In Provence Tour Includes:
- 2 nights hotel in Avignon (city taxes included).
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Day trips and transfers and transportation by minibus with English-speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees for scheduled activities
Not included: Lunch and dinner each day. Rail to/from Paris.
Link Paris will gladly book your round-trip rail from Paris to Provence. If not booking rail through Link Paris, please do not book your train tickets until instructed to do so by us. The exact train schedule and pick up time at the Avignon rail station will always be confirmed by our reservation department when booking. Special time schedules apply on bank holidays and Sundays.
A supplement of $125 applies to single rooms and solo travelers. Minimum of 2 persons per booking.
Please enter the date you’d like to arrive in Avignon for day one of the tour. Rail to/from Paris not included in price. Upgrade to the 5 star La Mirande hotel, once a Cardinal’s Palace, available upon request.
Custom Tours of Provence!
Contact us to book your perfect custom trip to Provence. We are experts on the region, but more importantly – we love Provence.
Read our reviews on Trip Advisor.
|Why we love Provence – The world has fallen in love with rose wine from Provence, but for me the area is all about the Roman and medieval history. There are so many hilltop villages, beautifully preserved with no power lines or cars, it’s really a trip back in time…and even farther back in time, bits of Roman roads, aqueducts and amphitheaters are all over the place. Not to mention truffles. – Laura|