Experience Mont St. Michel and Brittany over two days
Your Mont St. Michel and Brittany overnight trip from Paris takes you first to Saint Malo for an evening of walks and perhaps a seafood dinner. Next day is a trip to Mont St. Michel and the medieval village of Dinan.
Price: $375 per person, $524.00 with 2nd Class Rail and $624 with 1st Class Rail
Hotel night can be Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday, with touring on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday. Groups of 4 or more can be accommodated any day of the week upon request.
Day 1 Itinerary
- Travel from Paris Montparnasse rail station to St. Malo by high speed rail.
- Self-guided visit of the charming old town of St. Malo.
- Check in to your hotel in St. Malo and spend the evening exploring the enchanting walled city. Stroll along the beach, visit the casino, and have a leisurely meal.
Day 2 Itinerary
- Enjoy breakfast at your hotel.
- Morning pickup by guide and bag transfer
- Day tour of Dinan and Mont St. Michel (see below)
- Evening transfer to Rennes for train back to Paris
About Mont St. Michel and Dinan
Along the river Rance, just a few miles from St. Malo, is the preserved medieval village of Dinan. As a river town, the village was an important focus of trade in the Middle Ages. Rather than along the river banks and in the flats, village houses and shops climb high up into the hills, making the town ready to defend in case of attack – be it by pirates or invaders.
Mont Saint Michel
Medieval monk Aubert (later the sainted bishop of Avranches) was visited by a seemingly impossible vision from archangel Michael, instructing him to build a monastery atop a rock cut off by tides twice a day. Over many centuries his vision was made reality, and the result, Mont St. Michel, is now the second-most-visited site in France, after the Eiffel Tower.
See each stop plotted on a larger map: Mont St. Michel Tour Map