Northern Europe was built for winter. Just look at the thick-walled buildings, roofscapes of chimneys, and cozy bistros that beckon during a brisk and chilly walk. Paris is no exception.
A trip to Paris when the crowds have thinned is a pleasure. Room rates are lower, waitstaff is a lot more relaxed, and you can get a much better view of the Mona Lisa.
We offer low season touring that gets you out of the city to appreciate a new region. Here are the top 5.
Day Trips From Paris in Winter
- Lyon Day Trip From Paris – Take a fast train ride to the birthplace of the beloved bouchon. Experience one of Europe’s best preserved medieval sections; discovering the secret passageway traboules is a tour highlight.
- Alsace and Strasbourg Day Trips – At the historic border of France and Germany, lies the fairy tale scenery of Alsace, never more beautiful than in winter.
- Private Normandy D-Day Tour – The gripping story of June 6, 1944 is a train ride away. Experience this dramatic coastline when the crowds are gone. Low season rates mean a private tour is affordable. One of our favorite day trips from Paris in winter.
- Versailles Half-Day Trip – Though the gardens might not be green, their grandeur and sheer scale should not be missed, even if you are peeking out from the warmly heated Hall of Mirrors.
- Disneyland Paris! – Just outside Paris is EuroDisney. The happiest place on earth is right near Paris and happens to serve great croissants to savor between rides.